launchora_img

Illustration by @luciesalgado

I Write Because

Info

I write because...hmmn. I can give you a million reasons but that is already Lady Gaga's song and I don't want to steal her thunder or more like I can't sing even if my life is dependent on it-- ever heard a whale singing? Nope? Not yet? Good. Because that is what I sounded like.
Now, whales would probably be insulted for comparing my singing voice to them that when they see me no matter how harmless others said they were they'll probably act like sharks when they smell blood from afar.
Good thing whales can't read this.

So. No million reasons--and no singing for me--but I can give you a few.

I write when I want to rant.
I want to rant but I don't want to post it on Facebook like everyone seems to do nowadays.

Like how I saw my old crush thinking he's the most handsome guy in the world then but now I think that he resembled my dog. My dog's scrunching face when he's hungry.

Like I think my boss acts so unreasonable sometimes--most of the time-that makes me want to do a crime no one can solve-even the great detective I oh so adore.. Oh here, I have thought of million ways on  how to do it and get away with it-just kidding. Don't EVER try this at work.

I write when I'm fantasizing.

Like how my crush smiled at me and here I am already thinking on the date of our wedding day. How many kids we'll have and spending eternity with him.

Too early, eh?

I write when I'm happy.

When I topped in class, when someone appraised me, when I just felt like it-happy.

I write when I'm sad.

When I felt like everything was falling apart. When people leave without looking back.
When no one cares.

I write what I feel. I write when I'm happy, when I'm angry, when I'm sad, when I'm bored, anything. Some make sense but most of it are nonsense.

And I think everyone would agree, they write because when their voice failed to express what they feel, then writing is their last resort.

We write because we want someone to appreciate us, yes.
We write because this is the only way to say things we can't normally say.
We write because we are writers.
We are writers. And we are amazing.

9 Launchers recommend this story
launchora_img
launchora_imgAntique Mars
2 days ago
"We write because this is the only way to say things we can't normally say"
you got me right there buddy. keep it up. Hail Writers!
launchora_imgeuphemia clyne
2 days ago
Thank you for sparing your time to read this.πŸ˜„. Hail writers indeed!
launchora_imgRoyah .
6 days ago
I love this! It's so much fun to read haha
Please do check out my writing on the same topic and follow me back :) thanks
launchora_imgeuphemia clyne
6 days ago
Thanks. Sure. Will do.
launchora_imgTarannum ..
6 days ago
last two lines stole the thunder. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
launchora_imgeuphemia clyne
6 days ago
No more explanation. We are writers and we are amazing.πŸ˜‚. Thanks for reading.😊
launchora_imgNugget Queen14
6 days ago
i like the line that your old crush resemble your dog. it made my day. finally i can see clearly what my old crush looks like πŸ˜‚
launchora_imgeuphemia clyne
6 days ago
Hahahaha. Well, I think I insulted my dog there, comparing them. πŸ˜‚. Sorry if I made you remember your ex, but thanks for reading this anyway.😘
"Like how my ex betray me for my friend and how I think they are match made in heaven. The trash and the trash can." This line made me laugh. ☺☺☺ Great job
launchora_imgeuphemia clyne
6 days ago
Hahaha truly a match made in heaven, right? Thanks for reading.😘
hahah they truly are. I love your style of writing. :D
launchora_imgeuphemia clyne
3 days ago
Wow. Really? Mine's more on nonsense hahahaha so I never thought someone would appreciate my works. But thanks anyway. You're so sweet.πŸ˜„